Marissa Floro, PhD (she/her) is an adjunct faculty member in the counseling psychology department. Professor Floro attempts to connect her research in intersections of identities, her clinical work primarily serving QTBIPoC, and her teaching under the ultimate goal of dismantling systems of oppression for the liberation of all.
- AAPA Association Leadership Fellows Program 2020-2022
- APA Society of Counseling Psychology (Division 17) Early Career Psychologist Committee 2020-2023
- APA Society of Counseling Psychology (Division 17) Leadership Academy Student Participant 2017
- APA Society for the Psychology of Women (Division 35) Student Advisory Board 2016-2018
- Loyola University, PhD in Counseling Psychology, 2013
- Boston College, MA in Counseling Psychology, 2011
- UC Santa Barbara, BA in Classics, Renaissance Studies, Applied Psychology, 2007
- Course Instructor in Wellness Education, Stanford University
- Adjunct Professor in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, North Park University
Awards & Distinctions
- 2020-2021 Stanford Psychiatry YogaX Teacher Training Scholarship awardee
- 2020 APA Division 17’s Supervision & Training Section Award for Outstanding Counseling Supervisor
- Floro, M. & Wong, S. (in process). Queer Communities. In Wilson, H & Khan, C. (Ed.) Facing Campus Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence with Courage: A Guide to Prevention, Healing, and Recovery.
- Rivera, A. M. & Floro, M. (2020). Sexual Stereotypes. In Armstrong, H. (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Sex and Sexuality: Understanding Biology, Psychology, and Culture. Santa Barbara, California: ABC-CLIO.
- Vera, E., Daskalova, P., Hill, L., Floro, M., Anderson, B., Roche, M., Aydin, F., Adams, K., Camacho, D., Raziuddin, A., Carr, A. (2017) Parental messages, school belonging, social skills, and personal control as predictors of bullying in ethnic minority adolescents, School Mental Health 9(4), 347-359.
- Vera, E., Hook, K., Daskalova, P., Hill, L., Galvin, S., Fritsche, S., Catellier, J., Haywood, S., Raziuddin, A., Anderson, B., Roche, M., Floro, M., Mutuyemariya, C., Thomas, K., Heerwagen, K., Camacho, D., Boots, T., Ondrey Gruber, E., (in print) Understanding the socio-emotional worlds of English learners: A retrospective study, Journal of Educational & Psychological Consultation.