Devanshi completed her doctoral work in the Graduate School of Education at UC Berkeley. Her research focuses on the use of technologies as tools for learning in various contexts with a focus on inclusive education. Devanshi has taught several courses in various departments at Santa Rosa Junior College, San Francisco State University, and UC Berkeley. Prior to entering her PhD program Devanshi taught preschool through second grade classrooms in the US and India and was a Prek-12 special educator.
- Digital literacies
- Designing innovative spaces for online teaching & learning
- Information and communication technologies for development
- Sociocultural theories of literacy & learning
- Multimedia, multimodality, and technology
- Development studies/International development
- Globalization and education
- Community & youth development
- UC Berkeley, PhD in Education, 2022
- UC Berkeley, MA in Education, 2017
- Tufts University, MA in Child Development, 2013
- Denison University, BA in Psychology and Educational Studies, 2011
- Faculty in Child Development, Santa Rosa Junior College
- Lecturer in Early Development & Learning Sciences, UC Berkeley
- Graduate Student Researcher/Instructor in Education, UC Berkeley
- Lecturer in Child Development, San Francisco State University
Awards & Distinctions
- UC Doctoral Completion Fellowship, 2020-2021
- UC Berkeley Bhattacharya Research Fellowship, 2020
- UC Berkeley Outstanding GSI Award, 2019
Hull, G., Unadkat, D., & Adams, J. (2021). Worlding the world: Subaltern voices, Digital Tools, and Social Imaginaries. In S. R. Schecter & C.E. James (Eds.), Critical Approaches Toward a Cosmopolitan Education. New York: Routledge.
Sobko, S., Unadkat, D., Adams, J., & Hull, G. (2020). Learning through collaboration: A networked approach to online pedagogy. E-Learning and Digital Media, 17(1), 36-55.