Adjunct Faculty, Counseling Psychology
Dr. Aaron L. Horn is a licensed marriage and family therapist and lecturer at the University of San Francisco, where he primarily teaches Counseling Across Cultures. Dr. Horn has received numerous awards and accolades, including USF’s “Edward J. Griffin Award.” He is currently a community mental health clinician at Sankofa Holistic Counseling, located in Oakland, and the chief executive officer of Horn Development Consulting in San Francisco.
In classes, Dr. Horn uses the unique engagement style of R.A.M. (Relationship-Accountability-Mentoring) to create a classroom environment that allows students to feel empowered while discussing the most critical subjects in the field of education and counseling. His pedagogy is inclusive of the sensitive needs of his student’s intersectionality, including able-bodiedness, culture, sexuality, gender, and socioeconomic status.
- 2016 – Present Adjunct Faculty, Core Counseling Teaching and Supervision for School Counseling, School Psychologists and Marriage and Family Therapy students, Department of Educational Psychology, California State East Bay, Hayward, CA
- 2015 – Present Adjunct Faculty, Core Counseling Teaching for School Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy students, Department of Counseling Psychology, University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA Fall 2014 Adjunct Faculty, Core Counseling Teach
- 2013 – 2014 Adjunct Faculty, College Preparation Training and Teaching for High School students, Upward Bound, School of Education, University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Ed.D. International Multicultural Education, University of San Francisco
- MA, Counseling Psychology, University of San Francisco
Awards & Distinctions
- 2015 Griffin Award, Alumni of the Year, School of Education, University of San Francisco
- 2015 Principles of Care Award, Respect, Project Permanence Program, Lincoln
- 2012 California Marriage and Family Therapy Stipend, Phillips Graduate University, San Francisco, CA
- 2012 Community Mental Health Scholarship, Youth Justice Institute
- Horn, A. & Reid-Horn, C. (2021). I Love to Read: The Adventures of Lisa and her Love for Reading. Amazon.com.
- Horn, A. (2021). R.A.M. Reflection Workbook for School Practitioners: A Workbook to Deepen Human Connections through Relationships, Accountability, and Mentoring. Amazon.com
- Horn, A. & Reid-Horn, C. (2020). I Love to Read: The Adventures of Jack and his Love for Reading. Amazon.com.
- Horn, A. (2015). The Beauty of R.A.M. Deepening Human Connections through Relationships, Accountability and Mentoring. Amazon.com
- Horn, A. (2013). I Got’ Cho Back. Improving Relationships with Young Black Males. Amazon.com
- 2015 University of San Francisco Edward J. Griffin Award and Professional Achievement Award, Video Introduction.
- 2013 Blogtalkradio.com, Interview Title: “Discussing Dr. Horn’s concept of R.A.M. (Relationships, Accountability, and Mentoring.” Stop Bullying System, Shakeel Ali.
- 2013 Blogtalkradio.com, Interview Title: “How Families can create a Bully Free Zone in Their Homes and Communities.” Stop Bullying System, Shakeel Ali.
- 2012 University of San Francisco Magazine, Interview Title: “Teaching Accountability.” Alumni Section, Monica Villavicencio.