USF is fully equipped with a wide variety of research instrumentation. New and existing equipment are for both research projects and for hands on use during undergraduate Instrument lab final teaching labs. Physical, inorganic, biochemistry and analytical projects now have available a wide array of new instruments.
- Varian 500MHz NMR with automatic settings that significantly cut down on the time it takes for results (at the same time, new 2-D and 3-D experiments will become much more routine in faculty research projects)
- Cary 5000 UV-vis-NIR
- HP 8353 UV-vis diode array with temperature control (2)
- Ocean Optics UV-vis-NIR (various)
- HBY FluoroMax-4 with built in excited state lifetime measurements
- Nicolet 6700 FT_IR with NXR FT Raman option
- PE EnVision plate reader
- HP GC-MSD (upgraded)
- Shimadzu AAS with Autosampler
- PAR 283 (Electrochemistry)
- Pine WaveNow potentiostats (2) (Electrochemistry)
- Varian 430 GC (4; brand new)
- Agilent HPLC 1220 (2)
- Vernier LabQuest 2 (multiple) with SpectroVis, Melt-Temp and various sensors
The department also has a variety of chemistry software programs for use in our computer lab.