Susan Mortell, DNP, RN, CNL
Susan Mortell has been an RN for over 30 years. She has worked in a variety of settings including oncology, med-surg nursing, community health and psychiatry. She has taught at the University of San Francisco since 2003 in the BSN, MSN and DNP programs.
- Program Evaluation Committee
- University of San Francisco, Doctor of Nursing Practice, 2014
- California State University, Masters in Nursing Education, 2009
- California State University, Bachelors in Nursing, 1998
- Nurse Coordinator, Lucille Packard Children's Hospital Home Pharmacy, Stanford, Ca
- Resource Nurse, Stanford University Healthcare Center, Psychiatric Unit
- Case Manager, Stanford University Healthcare Center, Home Care Department
- Registered Nurse, Sequoia Hospital, Redwood City, Psychiatric and Alcohol and Drug Treatment Units
- Registered Nurse, Watsonville Hospital Medical-Surgical Units
- Mortell, S. (2022, January). The alleged epidemic of social narcissism: Implications for nurse leaders. Nursing Administration Quarterly.
- Mortell, S. (2021). The purported increase in social narcissism: Nursing implications. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing,59 (5).
- Mortell, S. (2020). Logotherapy to Mitigate the Harmful Psychological Effects of Current Events. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing 58 (4).
- Mortell, S. (2015, April). Assisting clients with disenfranchised grief: The role of a mental health nurse. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services 53 (4): 52-57.
- Mortell, S. (2013, April). Delving into diversity-related conflict. Nursing Management, 44 (4). 28-33.
- Mortell, S. (2019, March 19). Understanding and addressing microaggressions in academic and healthcare settings. University of San Francisco School of Nursing and Healthcare Professionals. Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Mortell, S. (2013, May 29). Gender in nursing: Challenging harmful patterns and exploring questions around power, privilege and unity. Presented to the Bay Area Chapter of the American Assembly of Men in Nursing at the University of California San Francisco Multicultural Center, San Francisco, CA
- Mortell, S. (2013, March 23). Writing workshop on self-forgiveness. Most Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, San Francisco, CA
- Mortell, S. (2012, December 4). Presentation and discussion on Culture and Conflict in the Healthcare Workplace in M. Virani (chair) Diversity Matters Continuing Education Class. Stanford University Medical Center Continuing Education Department. Stanford, CA.
Service to the University of San Francisco
- Serve on Program Evaluation Committee.