Ms. Ambrose has been working in the Health Care Industry for over 40 years. She began her career in Nursing at San Francisco General Hospital working in the Trauma ICU. Ms. Ambrose worked for Kaiser Permanente in Northern California and Portland Oregon where she had the privilege of assisting with the opening of 3 Kaiser Acute Care Facilities while in the role of Administrative and Nursing Operations Director. She served as VP and Chief Nursing Officer/COO for Dignity Health and CommonSpirit Health from 2013-2020. She is currently an adjunct professor at the University of San Francisco.
Ms. Ambrose received her BSN from the University of San Francisco, her M.B.A. from Golden Gate University, and her DNP from the University of St. Augustine. She is ANCC Board Certified as a Nurse Executive and is a Fellow with the American College of Health Care Executives.
- Nurse leader mentoring
- Health care staffing models
- University of St. Augustine, DNP, 2021
- Golden Gate University, MBA, 1992
- University of San Francisco, BSN, 1980
- Adjunct Professor SONHP, USFCA
- Executive Consultant, B.E. Smith
- Chief Nurse Executive/COO, Dignity Health
Awards & Distinctions
Nurse Leader Daisy Award — Sequoia Hospital-Redwood City, CA (May 2018)
- Ambrose, S (2021) Partnering for success: Preparing for the ACHE Board of Governors exam - California Association of Healthcare leaders (CAHL) Summer 2021 Newsletter
- Ambrose, S. (1988). Chapter Number 7: Comprehensive Trauma Nursing: Theory and Practice. Scott, Foresman