Anna Kwong, Ed.D., RN, is an associate professor at University of San Francisco (USF) in the School of Nursing and Health Professions, where she teaches Applied Pathophysiology and Pharmacology and Fundamental clinical to undergraduate students. She has been a registered nurse for more than 20 years. During the first 10 years as a nurse, she has worked in adult medical-surgical units, viral hepatitis clinical research, and hospice care nursing.
Dr. Kwong has been teaching at USF since 2004; she was a full-time lecturer for six years and was promoted to an assistant professor position after she was awarded her doctorate degree in education. Subsequently, she was promoted to associate professor in 2016. For her leadership experience, she was elected and served as the Vice Chair of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program in 2015, the Department Chair for two years from 2016 to 2018. For services to the university, Dr. Kwong has served as the Chair of the Academic Standards Committee in her school for one year, and a committee member of a university-wide teaching effectiveness committee for three years.
Dr. Kwong received a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a master’s degree in nursing at San Francisco State University; she received her doctorate in education with an emphasis in learning and instruction at the University of San Francisco. Dr. Kwong’s research interests are in the areas of learning and teaching strategies for non-native English learners in nursing, change of shift communication between nurses, hospice nursing, and global nursing in China. In 2011, she was invited to be a guest speaker and observers for a cross-cultural class at Sun Yat Sen University in Zhuhai, China, to lecture on hospice nursing and teaching experience in the United States.
- School of Nursing Innovation Initiative Liaison with St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Faculty of record Syllabus Coordinator for Physical Assessment
- Faculty of records Syllabus Coordinator for Fundamental Clinical Practicum
- School of Nursing Academic Standards Committee
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honors Society Faculty Counselor
- EdD, Learning and Instructions, University of San Francisco
- Master of Science in Nursing, San Francisco State University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, San Francisco State University
- Lecturer/Clinical Faculty, Adult Health Department/Community Health Department, University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Hospice Nurse, Hospice by the Bay, San Francisco, CA
- Staff Nurse II, UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty Summer, Community Health Department, San Francisco State University, San Francisco,CA
- Staff Nurse II, Adult Medical/Surgical Unit, Chinese Hospital, San Francisco,CA
- Banks, A. & Kwong, A. Y. (2013) Faculty of Color Needed in Nursing Leadership: Voices From Two Nursing Academes. In Mitchell, P. (Eds.), Cracking the wall 20 years later: Women in higher education leadership. CUPA-HR.
- Kwong, A. (2011). Using a Standardized Communication Tool SBAR to Improve LVN Students’ Shift Reporting. University of San Francisco. AAT 3447988. ISBN 9781124533377.
- Kwong, A. (1998). Breast Self-Examination Proficiency in Chinese Women. Unpublished master's thesis, San Francisco, San Francisco State University.