Susanne Hoelscher received her PhD in German Studies from the University of California, Davis, with an emphasis in post-wall Berlin literature and film. She earned an MA in German Studies from San Francisco State University, and completed the Erste Staatsexamen at the Westfälische Wilhelms Universität Münster, Germany, majoring in Education with a focus on German Studies and History.
Susanne Hoelscher's research is focused on late 19th to 21st century German literature and culture and...
- PhD, German Studies, University of California, Davis
- MA, German Studies, San Francisco State University
Virginia Ramos is a Spanish and American poet, and educator. She holds a doctoral degree in Comparative Literature from Stanford University and is the former Managing Editor of Mantis, A Journal of Poetry, Criticism and Translation. Her essays and reviews have appeared in several publications in the US and Europe. Earlier in her career she worked for the Global Fund for Women and continues to support and fight for human rights globally. Her research interests include the intersection of...
- Stanford University, PhD in Comparative Literature, 2016
- San Francisco State University, MA in Humanities, 2008
- Modern and Contemporary Literature (Spanish, French, German, and English)
- Poetry and Lyrical narratives
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Transnational and Postcolonial Studies