Nicole L. Beamish
Dr. Beamish was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, played basketball in high school, and went on to earn a basketball scholarship to play basketball in college. After college, Dr. Beamish worked in high tech, but like many during the dot-com bust, returned to college a second time to pursue a career in nursing.
Dr. Beamish worked as a research associate and department secretary before later earning a masters in nursing at USF in the ME-MSN program. While working as a nurse in a telehealth OB unit on weekends, and at the bedside on night shift, Dr. Beamish continued at USF in the DNP program to earn board certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
Dr. Beamish teaches graduate nursing students in the ME-MSN program she once attended, and enjoys returning to the bedside to teach clinical medical surgical nursing skills.
- Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Social determinants of health
- Racial injustice
- Free insulin for all
- Mass incarceration
- University of San Francisco, DNP Family Nurse Practitioner, 2020
- University of San Francisco, MSN Clinical Nurse Leader, 2017
- Colorado Technical University, BS Business Administration, 2015
- Adjunct Professor in ME-MSN, USF
- Assistant Nurse Manager, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- Staff Nurse, CNL, San Francisco Veteran Affairs Medical Center
- Staff Nurse, Kaiser Permanente Regional Perinatal Service Center