Admissions, Registered Nurses (RN-MSN)
A variety of materials determines whether or not a course of study is a good match for a student. In addition to grades and test scores, the following factors are considered as part of admission to the MSN for Registered Nurses program: employment background, previous academic coursework and preparedness, research interests, and long-term professional goals.
Fall Application Deadline: extended to June 30th
The MSN for Registered Nurses entry point is suitable for individuals who currently hold a Registered Nurse (RN) License. This includes Registered Nurses (RNs) who who hold a baccalaureate or associate degree in nursing as well as RNs from other academic backgrounds. The following prerequisites are required to be considered for admission:
- Active unencumbered RN License documentation (must reflect state where applicant plans to complete practicum hours).
- Applicants interested in the online option must reside in one of our approved states. See the State Authorization section of this page below.
Application Requirements & Steps
The application process is entirely online. Please do not mail any application materials. You can simply upload all of your application items to your application account. Applicants can check their application status online or by contacting the School of Nursing & Health Professions Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed online application and $55 fee
- For individuals choosing to apply for the MSN for Registered Nurses entry point, please provide documentation of your Active unencumbered RN License. (Must reflect the state where you plan to complete practicum hours)
Please note: Registered Nurse License information is only required for individuals who chose the MSN for Registered Nurses entry point.
- Unofficial Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended: We require the proof of completion of Completion of an undergraduate nursing degree (ADN or BSN) from an accredited institution. Official or unofficial transcripts should be uploaded through the online application form. Transcripts must reflect the name of the institution attended, degree earned, grades earned and GPA. Applicants should ensure that all transcripts are readable once uploaded. Submission of official transcripts is ONLY required for all admitted students who decide to enroll. We require translated transcripts for all international applicants.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Personal Statement: Your MSN for Registered Nurses personal statement is your chance to tell us more about yourself. Some topics that you can discuss are why you want to continue your education, your professional goals, and why you want to attend USF.
- Professional resumé
- Two letters of recommendation: In the online form, enter the names and e-mail addresses for recommenders. They will receive an e-mail from USF with instructions to upload their letter. Please note that letters of recommendation must be on letterhead and signed by the recommender.
- The University reserves the right to cancel cohorts due to unforeseen circumstances or low enrollment.
A Certificate of Finance, a passport copy, and TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic test scores. Refer to the International Graduate Student Admission page for test score requirements and additional information. TEAS or GRE test is NOT required.
Please note that we are not accepting international application for our Online RN to MSN program at this time.
All application materials should be uploaded through the online application form. The School of Nursing & Health Professions Office of Graduate Admissions does not accept mailed materials.
Applicants can check their application status online or by contacting the School of Nursing & Health Professions Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com.
Please check our State Authorization Status List for the states and territories from which we can enroll students in specific online degree programs.