10 Places 10 Minutes From Campus for $10(ish)
Stretch your budget with these nearby gems.
USF is surrounded by things to do. Here are just 10 of them — close to campus and on a shoestring.
- Soak in the City (eight-minute bike ride)
Take in a 360-degree sweep of San Francisco from Hamon Observation Tower at de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. Free admission.
- Spice it Up (five-minute walk)
Try the street tacos at Manitas Cafe.
- Get Buzzed (nine-minute walk)
Study in serenity for the price of a latte. Fifty/Fifty serves tea, Ritual Coffee, pastries, and free Wi-Fi.
- Stock Up (six-minute bike ride)
The Clement Street Farmers Market offers all the fruits, vegetables, teas, and breads that you could want. Live music too. Sundays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Chow Down (eight-minute bike ride)
When a place offers shrimp dumplings, pot stickers, and xiao long bao for less than $2 each, it becomes an institution — and Good Luck Dim Sum is that place. Bring cash — no credit cards accepted.
- Roll Around (12-minute bus ride)
The Church of 8 Wheels is a roller rink — in an old church. Expect to see bell bottoms and hear “I Will Survive.” $15 admission plus $5 skate rental.
- Get Lost in a Book (seven-minute bike ride)
Not all reading has to be assigned. Check out the rolling carts at Green Apple Books to find used books for less than $5.
- Think ’90s (six-minute bike ride)
See the Full House houses in real life at Alamo Square. No sightings of Uncle Jesse — yet.
- Grab a Slice (six-minute bike ride)
The place for night owls and after-party meals, Nizario’s Pizza slings hot slices for $4. With the Little Sweet boba place next door, you can have dinner and dessert for $10.
- Bang Your Head (10-minute bus ride)
Catch up-and-coming bands at The Independent. Tickets range from free to $30.