Yachi Teng received her EdD in Second Language Acquisition from the University of San Francisco in 2009 and her MA in Foreign Language Teaching from the University of Pennsylvania in 2005. She obtained her Mandarin Teaching Certificate from Taiwan, and her Foreign Language Teaching Certificate from Pennsylvania.
Her teaching and research interests include Mandarin teaching at all levels, second language acquisition, online/distance language learning, and multimedia language learning.
- University of San Francisco, Doctor of Education, 2009
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Science in Education, 2005
- National Tainan Teachers College, Bachelor of Arts in Languages and Literatures Teaching, 2000
- Adjunct Professor in Language Department , UC Berkeley
- Adjunct Professor in Foreign Language Department, Contra Costa College
- Consultant, Education Department, Jiayi County, Taiwan
- Teaching Chinese as a Foreign/Second language
- Teaching languages with technology
- Selected Publications
(2011). The Relationship of Reading Methods and Learning Styles. (ISBN: 978-3-639-34802-6)
(2003). Reactions of EFL students to oral error correction. GUEI-LIN Education Journal, 3, 39-45.