Paul G. McCurdy
Paul G. McCurdy has worked as a teacher, coach, or pianist for a number of organizations throughout the Bay Area. This includes A.C.T. Young Conservatory, Chabot College, the Hamlin School, the Lesbian/Gay Chorus of San Francisco, Lamplighters Musical Theatre, Lick-Wilmerding High School, the Oakland Gay Men’s Chorus, Sacred and Profane, the Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory, the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, the San Francisco Girls Chorus, and Volti.
In 2014 he recorded Mozart KLAR, an album of Mozart piano sonatas. He holds degrees in anthropology and German from the University of Georgia, where he later served as a staff pianist and studied music before moving to the Bay Area. He is currently the organist at St. Thomas Anglican Church and frequently rounds out his musical Sundays in rehearsals or performances with his jazz quartet PESH.
- Classical piano
- Classical voice
- Art song
- University of Georgia, BA in German and Anthropology, 1998
- Testing Center Coordinator, Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory
- Staff Pianist, Chabot College
- Performing Arts Instructor, Lick-Wilmerding High School
- Collaborative Pianist, San Francisco Conservatory of Music
Mozart Klar (2014), an album of Mozart piano sonatas