Noopur Agarwal is a practicing visual communication designer dedicated to increasing critical public engagement with issues of global and local concern. Her practice is based both on service: working collaboratively and interdisciplinarily to make a strategic difference within an organization; and authorship: producing exploratory works. Her creative output often takes the form of “experiential graphic design” (physical and digital interactive environmental graphics) and includes brand identity concepts for events, organizations, exhibitions, publications, and advertisements.
Agarwal maintains an active consultancy practice in addition to her teaching, where her client list has included nonprofit, publishing, and technology organizations. Her work has amplified global conversations around nuclear disarmament, climate change, and worldwide disparities in sanitation. She actively participates in residencies/fellowships and her designs have been recognized in international competitions and have been included in invitational and juried exhibitions. In all of these endeavors, she draws upon her own biography as a second generation Indian-American woman exploring themes of identity and privilege in order to generate positive change.
- Temple University, MFA in Graphic and Interactive Design, 2014
- The Ohio State University, BSD in Visual Communication Design, 2007
- Design Director, Noopur Agarwal Creative
- Marketing Design Lead, Snapchat / Snap Inc.
- Design Fellow, Chronicle Books
- Adjunct Professor in Design, Temple University
- Designer, Asia Society and Museum
Awards & Distinctions
- The Center for Urban Pedagogy Making Policy Public Designer, 2021
- Headlands Center for the Arts Designer in Residence, 2020