Mary attended UC Berkeley as an engineering major right after high school, but due to circumstances both in and beyond her control dropped out. She went on to do many other things: office administrator, office manager, construction manager and for over 30 years an on again, off again bartender. She felt school was no longer important, but when the opportunity presented itself, returned in her late 30s to complete something she had started.
Mary got her BA and MA in Mathematics from SFSU. While working toward her degree she had no career goals in mind, only a passion to learn as much as she could about a subject she loved. As a graduate student she started teaching math courses and fell in love with teaching, and has remained teaching every since.
- San Francisco State University, MA in Mathematics, 2007
- San Francisco State University, BA in Mathematics, 2002
- Adjunct Lecturer in Mathematics, San Francisco State University
- Foothill Community College, Lecturer
- De Anza Community College, Lecturer