Professor Knapp has over ten years of experience working as a registered nurse in multiple community hospitals and large teaching facilities. She's had the opportunity to work as a Registered Nurse in the intensive care unit, emergency department, medical telemetry and observation units as well as a sepsis coordinator for two community hospitals.
She has an interest in medication-assisted therapy for opioid use disorder, and her DNP project centered on the development and implementation of nurse-managed community-based medication assisted treatment services for an underserved non-metropolitan Northern California Community.
She is appreciative to those who have mentored her in her nursing career and is grateful for the opportunity to fulfill her passion to teach students about the profession she loves.
- Sepsis Coordinator, Mercy Hospital of Folsom and Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital
- Registered Nurse, North 1 Emergency Department Annex, UC Davis Medical Center
- Adjunct Faculty, University of San Francisco
- Travel Registered Nurse, American Mobile Network Healthcare
- Registered Nurse, Observation and Medical Telemetry Units, St. Joseph Hospital
- Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit, White Memorial Medical Center
- Opioid use disorder
- Medication-assisted treatment
- SONHP Program Evaluation Committee
- University of San Francisco, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), 2019
- Baylor University, BSN, 2010