June Madsen Clausen
June Madsen Clausen, Ph.D. is a Professor in the Clinical Psychology PsyD Program within the School of Nursing and Health Professions (SONHP). Previously, she served as the inaugural Senior Associate Dean for SONHP, as Program Director for the PsyD Program, as Associate Dean for Academic Effectiveness in the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) and as Chair of the Department of Psychology in CAS. She is Consultant and past Director of the Foster Care Research Group; her published work focuses on the mental health of current and former foster youth and evaluations of interventions designed to support them. She is a licensed psychologist with a clinical and forensic practice focused on trauma.
- Foster Youth
- Program Evaluation
- Assessment of Student Learning in Higher Education
- Children and youth
- Foster care system
- Treatment of trauma
- Senior Associate Dean, School of Nursing and Health Professions
- Program Director, Clinical Psychology PsyD Program, School of Nursing and Health Professions
- Associate Dean for Academic Effectiveness, College of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty Director of Branch Campuses, College of Arts and Sciences
- Chair, Department of Psychology, College of Arts and Sciences
- University of California, San Francisco, Post Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Services Research, 1994
- University of California, San Diego, PhD in Clinical Psychology, 1992
- University of California, Los Angeles, BA in Psychology, 1986
Awards & Distinctions
- The Ignatian Service Award (2012)
- Western Psychological Association Mentor of the Year (2004)
- Ruff, S. C., Aguilar, R.M. Clausen, J.M. (2016). An exploratory study of mental health interventions with infants and young children in foster care. Journal of Family Social Work, 19(3), 184-198.
- Heineman, T.V. & Clausen, J.M., and Ruff. S.C. (Eds). (2013). Treating Trauma: Relationship-Based Psychotherapy with Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults. New York, NY: Jason Aronson Publishing Company.
- Clausen, J.M., Aguilar, R. M., & Ludwig, M.E. (2012). Fostering Healthy Attachments between Substance Dependent Parents and their Infant Children. Journal of Infant, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy, 11, 376-386.
- Clausen, J.M., Ruff, S.C., Von Wiederhold, W., & Heineman, T.V. (2012). For as long as it takes: Relationship-based play therapy for children in foster care. Psychoanalytic Social Work, 19, 43-53.
- Clausen, J.M., Landsverk, J., Ganger, W., Chadwick, D.L., & Litrownik, A.J. (1998). Mental health problems of children in foster care. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 7(3), 283-296.