Jeremy Wenxiao Gu is the Director of Data Science at Shipt, a subsidiary of Target Corporation, where he oversees Fraud, Risk, Market Optimization, and Geo. He has amassed significant experience in data science; at Uber, he developed an experimentation platform using the multi-armed bandits algorithm and various financial models. He delved into ad personalization and marketing analytics at Amazon and focused on marketing channel optimization at Stitch Fix.
In addition to his corporate roles, Jeremy has actively participated in the American Statistical Association (ASA), serving as Chapter Vice President in San Francisco (2017-2018) and Chapter Representative in Seattle Puget Sound (2015-2017).
- Applied statistics and experimentation platform
- Applied machine learning
- Supply chain & logistics
- Marketing analytics and advertising
- Geospatial analytics
- Fraud detection systems
- Hypothesis testing
- University of Washington (Seattle), MS in Statistics, 2014
- University of Minnesota (Twin Cities), BS in Mathematics and in Statistics, 2012
- Director of Data Science, Shipt
- Senior Data Scientist and Tech Lead Manager, Uber
- Data Science Manager of Marketing Channel Optimization, Stitch Fix
- Data Scientist, Amazon