Jennifer danced ballet professionally for over ten years, with the Miami City Ballet, the Alabama Ballet, and the Washington Ballet. Throughout her career she experienced mind-body techniques as an important and valuable measure for preventing injuries. In addition to a career in ballet, Polyocan is also a graduate of New College of California with a degree in arts and social change. She has taught ballet for over 20 years to both children and adults at ODC, UC Berkeley, and the University of San Francisco.
Professor Polyocan acquired a certification in the Vaganova method of levels 1-3 from the Pennsylvania Academy of Ballet, and a training in RPM. Jennifer has completed a training course at the Alexander Technique Center and is ATI-certified. She teaches private Alexander Technique lessons in San Francisco. She firmly believes that body awareness and curiosity creates an intelligent dancer, performer, and artist.
- Repertoire classes
- Alexander Technique
- Mind Body therapies
- Degree, Arts and Social Change, New College of California
- Ballet mistress, Massachusetts Youth Ballet
- Ballet mistress, American Academy of Ballet
- Ballet mistress for children of The Velveteen Rabbit Teacher, Oberlin Dance Collective
- Faculty, University of California, Berkeley
- Alexander Technique practitioner