Hana Mori's interests lie at the intersection of structural materials engineering and architecture. She is the first chairperson of the Department of Engineering, launched in 2020. She also created and has been directing the Architectural Engineering minor program within the Department of Art + Architecture. She has taught international immersion courses and project courses in which students work with community partners, as well as architectural engineering topics.
Hana has been a teacher for 20 years. In her architecture and engineering courses at USF, she emphasizes low-carbon, environmentally sustainable approaches to designing for the built environment, and especially the effect of these decisions on under-served communities. She doesn’t separate good design from seeking social justice.
- Structural materials engineering
- Seismic strengthening techniques for natural building material construction
- Engineering education
- Inaugural Chair, Dept. of Engineering (2020 - 2023)
- Program Director, Architectural Engineering minor (2012 - Present)
- Program Director, Architecture & Community Design (2012 - 2017)
- MArch, MS, Structural Materials Engineering, UC Berkeley
- BS, Civil Engineering, UC Berkeley
Awards & Distinctions
USF Faculty Service-Learning Award, 2018