Donna Uchida serves as the program director for the MA in Professional Communication program and works closely with prospective and current students as well as alumni of the program. She reviews and admits applicants in collaboration with the Academic Director and supports students in their academic journey and job search. In addition, she is responsible for the Professional Certificate program that serves working professionals and those interested in acquiring additional competency in communication-related focus areas such as Crisis Communication, Media Relations, Executive Communications and more.
She leads The Skyhill Group as C-Suite Strategist, empowering executives to drive business outcomes through influence. She is known to drive measurable success on business strategy. She has proven Board and C-Suite experience, driving business transformation, culture of innovation and change leadership.
- Internal and Executive Communication
- Strategic Thought Leadership and Influence
- Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
- Health Communication
- Program Director, MA in Professional Communication
- Member, USF Office of Marketing and Communications Steering Committee
- Trustee, Arthur W. Page Society, 2017 to 2020; Member, 2015-present
- Co-Executive Sponsor for Kaiser Permanente Women’s Leadership Group, 2016-2019
- University of Denver, MA in Mass Communication, 1980
- University of Denver, BA in Political Science & Mass Communication, 1978
- C-Suite Strategist, The Skyhill Group, Inc.
- Chief of Communications, Kaiser Permanente
- Global Head of Communications, Arysta Lifescience (Tokyo)
- Group Vice President/Workplace Practice, Ketchum San Francisco
- Assistant Professor, Colorado State University Dept. of Journalism and Technical Communication, Fort Collins, CO.
Awards & Distinctions
Powerful Women of the Bay Award, 2015