Devon Holmes, Professor of Rhetoric and Language, holds a BA in English from the University of Southern California, an MA in Rhetoric from Carnegie Mellon University, and a PhD in Rhetoric, Composition, and the Teaching of English from the University of Arizona. She teaches written and oral communication to undergraduates, grounding her courses in what Russel K. Durst describes as a pedagogy of “reflective instrumentalism.” Devon co-directs the composition program.
- The relevance and benefits of teaching oral and written communication in tandem
- Co-Director of Composition
- PhD in Rhetoric, Composition, and the Teaching of English, University of Arizona
- MA in Rhetoric, Carnegie Mellon University
- BA in English, University of Southern California