Alexa Ann Bonomo is an interaction designer, researcher, and educator. She holds a creative practice situated in net and new media art. Her notable work has been shown in various settings including International Symposium for Electronic Art, The Exploratorium in San Francisco, and Axis Gallery in Sacramento. Alexa holds an MFA in Design and has a teaching practice where she has taught several courses in digital and new media at University of San Francisco and University of California, Davis. Alexa works as the operations coordinator at Leonardo, the International Society for the Arts, Sciences and Technology and is a program coordinator with Index, a mixed-use community center for non-conforming ideas and methods of creative exchange.
- Creative coding
- Interaction design
- Net art
- New media arts
- Data visualization
- Technoculture studies
- UC Davis, MFA in Design, 2020
- Towson University, BFA in Digital Art and Design, 2017
- Programming Coordinator
- Index - Operations Coordinator
- Leonardo-Adjunct Professor in Design, UC Davis
- "Using Metaphor and Naturalistic Geometry to Visualize Quantified Self Data", Proceedings of International Symposium of Electronic Art, Montreal, 13-18 October 2020.
- "Data Visualization Codex Endogenous: Designing Interactive Self Data Visualization Tool for Trauma Impacted Individuals", Proceedings of International Symposium of Electronic Art, Barcelona, 10-16 June 2022.