Yu-Chung’s diverse background exposes him to the intersecting relationships among humans and nature, science and art, logic and intuition, at various scales. He passionately explores the possibilities in shaping our world and brings them into reality with thoughtful details.
His design philosophy focuses on people. Design is not only the beautiful backdrop of human activity; it is the essential wheel driving life-changing economic and social improvements.
- Landscape design
- Landscape infrastructure
- Participatory design
- Drawing and representation
- UC Berkeley, Master in Landscape Architecture, 2011
- Delft University of Technology (the Netherlands), Msc in Architecture and Urbanism, 2006
- Associate Principal, SWA Group
- Registered Landscape Architect, California
Awards & Distinctions
- ASLA Northern California Chapter Analysis and Planning Honor Award, Nantong Waterfront Revitalization, 2022
- ASLA Northern California Chapter Urban Design Merit Award, Ping Yuen Public Housing Rehabilitation, 2021
- ULI Asia Pacific Award for Excellence, Poly Dawangjing International Plaza, 2020
- ULI Asia Pacific Award for Excellence, COFCO Landmark Plaza, 2019