Nihar Shah is a researcher at Jump Crypto, where he currently works on cryptocurrency questions around protocol and token design. He has also worked on Meta's Libra/Diem project in a similar capacity. Prior to his work in cryptocurrency, he worked on experimentation projects, particularly for Meta's advertising and payments platforms. Nihar graduated from Harvard in 2018 with a PhD in Economics.
- Harvard University, PhD in Economics, 2018
- Harvard University, AM in Economics, 2014
- Harvard University, AM in Statistics, 2011
- Harvard University, AB in Economics, 2011
- Researcher, Jump Crypto
- Economist, Meta
- Fellow, Data Science for Social Good Fellowship
- Equity Derivatives Trader, D.E. Shaw
Awards & Distinctions
Harvard University Distinction in Teaching, 2009 - 2016
Phi Beta Kappa, 2010
- Shah, Nihar (2022), "Doubly heterogeneous monetary spillovers," International Finance 25(2), 126-150.