Michael Llewellyn-Williams is the founder and principal at BrandMechanics® in San Francisco. He has worked in advertising, brand consulting, and market research for over forty years in the United Kingdom, Europe, the United States, and Asia.
Elected to membership of the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising in London in 1985, he received the IPA Marketing Award for Innovation in 1990. The same year, he was admitted as a member of The Marketing Society, also in London.
A conference chair and speaker, Professor Llewellyn-Williams has twice been a judge for the American Marketing Association’s advertising effectiveness awards, The Effies, in New York. He has appeared on British TV (“The London Programme” and “The Six O’Clock News”) discussing advertising themes for London and for the UK general election.
Professor Llewellyn-Williams also teaches two courses at San Jose State University.
- Advertising Strategy
- Brand Strategy
- Qualitative & Quantitative Research
- Imperial College, London, PhD, DIC in Polymer Physical Chemistry, 1974
- Imperial College, London, BSc, ARCS in Chemistry, 1974
- Director of Planning & Research, The Creative Business, London
- Director of Account Planning, Ketchum Advertising, San Francisco
- Regional Director of Strategic Planning, Leo Burnett Asia Pacific, Hong Kong
Awards & Distinctions
- IPA Advertising Effectiveness Award for Innovation, London 1990
- 10 Golden Rules for Consumer Insights. LinkedIn, 2015
- Brand Mechanics: The art and science of building brands. Chromium Books, 2013
- Advertising Effectiveness Award for Innovation. AdWorks (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising, London) 1990