Maria Daltayanni's research interests include reputation and recommender systems in crowdsourcing environments with specialization in two-sided marketplaces (labor, advertising, games). Her patent pending work in developing predictive analytics infrastructure in advertising data warehouses brings together big data and statistical learning. Her recent research in learning unbiased employee rankings (WorkerRank) has been used in labor marketplaces to improve industrial hiring systems. She teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in data mining, database systems, machine learning and programming.
- PhD, Computer Science, University of California Santa Cruz (UCSC), 2015
- MSc, Computer Science, UCSC, 2011
- BSc, Computer Science, University of Athens, Greece, 2008
- Reputation and recommender systems / Crowdsourcing / Computational Advertising
- Two-sided marketplaces
- Big data predictive analytics