Leigh Meredith earned her PhD in Communication Studies, specializing in Rhetoric and Public Culture, from Northwestern University.
Her research and teaching interests center on the relationship between changing communication technologies, practices of representation, and popular conceptions of identity and subjectivity. More specifically, she focuses on the interface between old and new media, and what that site of convergence reveals about changing ways of reading and relating to others.
- Digital culture and communication
- Critical American studies
- Historical and contemporary ways of “writing the self”
- Faculty Director, USF 101
- Public Speaking Area Coordinator, Rhetoric and Language
- PhD, Communication Studies, Rhetoric and Public Culture, Northwestern University
- BA, English Literature, Princeton University
Awards & Distinctions
- University of San Francisco Innovation in Teaching with Technology Award, 2021