Evan is a Senior Manager of Product Innovation at Netflix for Growth and Messaging Algorithms. He leads the development of machine learning algorithms that personalize the billions of emails and push notifications that Netflix sends every year. He specializes in the development of algorithms that measure the causal impact of customer experiences and then optimizes them. Prior to this role, he has five years of experience as a data scientist where he built fraud algorithms for Capital One and analyzed marketing experiments for Netflix.
He has a Ph.D. in Policy Analysis from the Pardee RAND Graduate School, where he analyzed policies to adapt to climate change.
- Pardee RAND Graduate Schoo, Ph.D. in Public Policy Analysis, 2014
- UC San Diego, BS in Management Science, 2003
- UC San Diego, BA in Political Science, 2003
- Senior Manager of Product Innovation for Growth & Messaging Algorithms, Netflix
- Manager of Data Science, Capital One
- Assistant Policy Analyst, RAND
- Senior Analyst, Analysis Group