Pandas & NumPy for Data Analysis
Python is the ideal data analysis language and is arguably the tool most commonly used by data scientists and data analysts around the world.
While it is possible to undertake data analysis with standard Python, its tools and libraries make it much easier and more streamlined: Pandas, which is shorthand for Python Data Analysis, is a fast, powerful, flexible, and easy to use open source data analysis and manipulation tool built on top of the Python programming language; JupyterLab, for writing code and experimentation; NumPy for numerical analysis; pandas for data analysis; and matplotlib, for data visualization. Together, they form the foundation of Python-based data analysis and they are the subject of this professional certificate program.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, participants will be able to:
- Import data from files, websites, and databases;
- Use the DataFrame to manipulate and organize data;
- Summarize data using statistical and mathematical functions from NumPy;
- Clean data by using type changes and string replacement;
- Handle missing data;
- Organize data using group and filter; and
- Perform data visualizations using Matplotlib.
Participants are expected to have basic experience with Python or SQL.
Dates: November 1 - December 20 (no class November 22)
Schedule: Wednesdays, 6pm-9pm
Instructor: Carl Limsico
Continuing Education Units: 2
Cost: $995 - $746.25 USF Alumni - $248.75 USF Students