Introduction to Unity
Unity is a cross platform game engine which supports many desktop, mobile, console and virtual reality platforms and applications.
This certificate aims to introduce participants to the basics of Unity such as GameObjects, Assets, Animation, Collisions, Lighting, Audio, Camera, and Characters imported from Mixamo, with some simple scripting in Unity. This is not a class where programming will be taught, but some scripts will be provided to students and they will be explained. Students with previous programming experience may dive further into the scripts if they wish, but it is not required.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Create virtual environments in Unity with GameObjects, Materials, Assets, and Prefabs.
- Understand animation in Unity including keyframe animation and the animation controller.
- Learn how to import characters and their built in animations from Mixamo into Unity.
- Understand collisions and physics rigidbodies in Unity.
- Learn lighting and audio effects in Unity.
- Dates: March 22 - April 26
- Schedule: Wednesday, 7-9pm
- Location: Online
- Instructor: Insun He
- Continuing Education Units: 1
- Cost: $795 | $596.25 for USF students and alumni