Introduction to Computing with Python
Computing literacy is critical for almost all careers today with the proliferation and abundance of data.
Not only do professionals and students need to manipulate and process data, but they also need to communicate with hardware such as smart thermostats, doorbell cameras, smart lighting, and more. Python is a powerful language that is used widely in the field of computing to perform real-world tasks such as data analysis, web development, scientific computing, game development, and machine learning.
Upon completion of the course, students will:
- Understand the underlying concepts associated with solving problems using computing
- Learn about problem decomposition and approaches to iteratively design solutions for problems
- Analyze and explore data through various algorithms and abstractions to create programs
- Gain an understanding about data storage, handling, and processing
- Dates: June 14 - July 19
- Schedule: Tuesdays, 6-8pm
- Location: Online
- Instructor: Julia Nolfo
- Continuing Education Units: 1
- Cost: $495