Doctor of Nursing Practice - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-DNP)
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) program prepares registered nurses with a baccalaureate or master's degree as Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners in the PMHNP role.
Equipped for the Future
- Focus on the diagnosis and management of psychiatric conditions including the provision of psychotherapy and psychotropic medication management.
- Complete a doctorate degree in four to five years. Certificates program also available to meet the needs of doctorally-prepared nurses interested in practicing in the Nurse Practitioner role.
- Flexible courses in a hybrid online and in-person format.
- Dynamic faculty with extensive clinical experience lead our students through the coursework and working components of the program.
- Clinical/practicum hours. Students complete approximately 1,000–1,200 clinical hours throughout the program.
My USF education has changed the way I think and approach my work and patients, as well as my life”
Balraj Bajwa DNP '21