The About USF website landing pages were redesigned to allow for more ways to feature rich content and to bring them into alignment with USF brand attributes. These pages provide a first impression and important introduction to our university for our various audiences. The main audience are prospective students and their parents. The top viewed About landing pages include Academics, Why Choose USF, and Our Mission. These pages average 10K – 16K unique page views per month.
Please explore all of the About USF landing pages, beginning here: http://www.usfca.edu/about/why/.
Highlights of the redesign changes include:
- Revised layout which allows for more ways to feature illustrations of each attribute through:
- More banner boxes at the top of the pages
- Tabs at the bottom of the pages allow readers to explore more about each topic
- Introductory copy text was re-written and shortened
- Each page features facts, videos, news, photos and explore more links
- Newly created pages include: Diverse Community, Passion for Justice, and Change Begins Here
- Right Destinations menu was removed and replaced with collapsible menus in the left navigation
The design changes were published on October 26, 2012. Since the pages launched, views to the pages have increased dramatically from 500-600 average views per day to 800-900 average views per day.
Please make sure you clear your browser cache if anything looks unusual in the new design. If you do not know how to do this, visit this WC+S blog post and follow the instructions for your particular browser.
Let us know what you think of the changes!