Professional & Technical Employees, Local 21
(IFPTE/AFL-CIO)represents 7000 highly trained professional and technical
employees dedicated to local government service in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Under the direction of the Political and Policy Director, the intern will
• Briefing and updating Members on key policy and legislative issues.
• Organizing members for meetings with state and local elected officials to
discuss pending budget issues or legislation.
• Facilitating member letter writing campaigns to elected officials.
• Recruiting members to attend and participate in local public hearings
• Conducting research on best practices in legislative and political work in
• Analyzing legislative and budget proposals.
• Drafting position letters, newsletter stories, and education materials.
• Attending union Chapter meetings, public hearings and other events.
High energy and comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
Attention to detail.
Interested in the labor movement and public policy.
Strong speaking and writing skills.
Committed to public service and the role of local government.
Committed to improving the lives of working families.
Second language a plus.
For more information and to apply, please contact:
Rachel Richman, Policy and Political Director
Professional and Technical
Engineers, Local 21
1182 Market St. San
Francisco, CA 94102