UC, Room 525
Phone: (415) 422-6448
Fax: (415) 422-5680
Bryan Whaley, Faculty Coordinator
The Minor in Health Studies requires 20 credits. All students take courses from Groups A, B, And C, but requirements differ depending upon the major. See the notes below.
- RHET - 111 Public Speaking for the Health Professions
- PSYC - 322 Health Psychology
- PSYC - 270 Biological Psychology
- SOC - 319 Health and Environment
- ESS - 315 Exercise Psychology
- ESS - 325 Exercise and Disease Prevention
- ESS - 330 Exercise and Health Promotion
- ESS - 360 Exercise and Healthy Kids
- BIOL - 100 Science of Life
- BIOL - 103 Human Biology
- BIOL - 105 General Biology I
- BIOL - 106 General Biology II
- BIOL - 113 Human Anatomy
- BIOL - 115 Survey of Human Physiology
- BIOL - 134 Microbiology
- Biology majors take two courses from Group C, and either two courses from Group A or B, and then one course from the remaining Group.
- ESS majors take two courses from Group A, two courses from Group C, and one course from Group B.
- Other majors take two courses from each of any two groups of A, B, and C, and one course from the remaining Group.
- Check all course prerequisites. Students who do not have all prerequisite for ESS courses may be able to take the courses with instructor consent.