University Adviser, Director of Retention and Strategic Programs
Areas of Interest:
- Peer Advising
- International Students
- Strategic Planning
- Mentoring and Goal-Setting
Year Started at USF: First from 2005-2008, and returned in 2012
Hometown: San Francisco, CA
- BA, Literature, UC Santa Cruz
- In the process of completing Master's degree at University of San Francisco
- National Academic Advising Association
- After living and working in Seattle for the past 4 years, I am excited to return to my beautiful hometown of San Francisco.
- Favorite food: It's a toss up between soyrizo burritos from Papalote and fresh Vietnamese spring rolls.
- Favorite pastime: going on adventures with my 2-year old daughter- an adventure to her could be riding on the carousel, a walk through the woods, or a trip to Trader Joe's- she likes it all. I also love taking pictures and diving into new craft projects wholeheartedly.
- Wisdom I've learned over the years: Opportunities surround us every day! Seize them and never look back.
- Why I love working with students: I have always enjoyed doing whatever I can to help others and make a difference in their lives. I hope to use my skills to help USF students be successful- and if I can't answer a question, I will make sure to find someone that can!
Email: Katy Juranty
Phone: (415) 422-3683