The Master's in Sport Management starts each January (spring) and July (summer) at the San Francisco campus and each July at the Southern California center in Orange, California.
Start Your Application for Spring 2016!
The application deadline for spring admission is September 1.
The application deadline for summer admission is February 1.
PLEASE NOTE: As you start your application, click here for instructions and items required by all graduate programs. In addition, read below for instructions specific to the Sport Management program.
International applicants please click here for important instructions.
Admission Review Criteria
The admission committee evaluates each application based on the following factors:
- Official Transcripts
- Resume (internship or job related experience)
- Sports and Fitness Background (jobs, internships, community activities, etc)
- Statement of Goals
- Letters of Recommendation
- Professionalism displayed throughout the application process
Explanation of Application Items
- Letters of Recommendation: The application to the Master's program requires two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your competence and ability to succeed in this graduate program. Ideally, one of the letters references the student's academic abilities, while the other references the student's potential for professional growth in a sport management career. Please note: If you are a currently matriculating student or a recent graduate (degree receive within the last 12 months) you are required to submit at least one academic letter of recommendation.
- Statement of Goals: A 3-5 page, double-spaced typewritten document that describes your personal, academic and professional reasons for pursuing a Master's in Sport Management, and for choosing USF’s program. The statement should relate your workplace experiences and sports backgrounds to your goals.
- Resume: A resume should include relevant extracurriculur activities during your undergraduate studies, work experience and any sport industry experience (including playing, teaching, coaching, management and administration). You can also list certifications in sports and fitness, honors that you have attained, sports leadership experience and relevant outside interests.