General Parking Rules and Regulations
All drivers on campus are subject to the University of San Francisco parking regulations. Each driver is responsible for knowing and abiding by these regulations. The rules and regulations apply 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students living within 3 miles of campus are not eligible for parking permits. Faculty and staff living within a ½ mile of campus are not eligible for parking permits.
- A valid University of San Francisco issued parking permit is required/must be displayed to park on University of San Francisco property. Payment alone does not qualify someone to park. Permits are only valid through the expiration date shown in your account or when permit is scanned.
- All faculty, staff, students, affiliates, and guests may only have one semester parking permit at all times.
- Any persons with outstanding on-campus vehicle citations will not be issued a USF parking permit.
- It is the sole responsibility of the person applying to provide the correct vehicle information in the application for the USF parking permit. Any misinformation may result in a citation. While we do not require copies of vehicle registration, up to 5 vehicles for Faculty/Staff, 1 for Students, 1 for Vendors, and 2 for Koret Patrons may be registered and attached to the applicant’s account.
- Permits are for the sole use of the person named in the parking permit application. Any attempt to transfer, loan, or resell the permit will result in confiscation of the permit and denies the right to obtain future permits with the University.
- PARKING PERMITS DO NOT GUARANTEE YOUR VEHICLE A PARKING SPACE. Please be aware of parking signs indicating which parking spaces/lots/garages you are allowed to park in.
- Do not lose your permit. A $50 replacement fee will be in effect for lost, misplaced or stolen permits. If you purchase a new vehicle, please log in to your account and update with your new vehicle information. For the addition of your vehicle you can include the VIN information. If your permit becomes damaged, please contact the Department of Public Safety main office at (415) 422.4222, and we can assist you in getting a new one.
- Permits may be returned for a full refund minus 30% administration fee during the first 3 weeks of the semester. No refunds are available after the end of the third week of the semester. All requests must be made to the Operations Manager. The permit and original receipt must be provided. Processing of any refund may take a minimum of ten business days. Any refunds will be processed according to the original method of payment.
- Parking is permitted only in areas identified as legal parking spaces by stall lines on both sides or in front of vehicle. Parking in an unidentified, illegal parking space is prohibited.
- Disabled spaces marked with blue and white disabled signs are intended only for the use of persons displaying proper DMV AND University permits. Parking, obstructing, or preventing access to a disabled stall is unlawful.
- The campus speed limit is 10 miles per hour.
- Pedestrians must always be given the right of way on campus.
- No parking or stopping in fire lanes, no parking areas, and restricted zones.
- Areas not specifically designed for parking shall be considered “No Parking” zones.
- University officials may place barriers, traffic control devices or fences at any time for official business. Unauthorized movement or removal is prohibited. This may result in a parking citation or removal from University property.
- The Department of Public Safety is authorized to cite, boot, and/or tow, at the owner’s expense, any vehicles on University property that violates the University’s Parking Rules and Regulations.
- USF Parking Permits obtained from sources other than the USF Department of Public Safety are not valid. Fraudulent and illegally obtained parking permits may be confiscated by the Department of Public Safety.
- If granted access, your USF ONE CARD will give you access to security gates located at designated areas and parking lots on campus. You will not be allowed access through the security gates without your USF ONE CARD.
- All terms and conditions apply for USF ONE CARD usage. ONLY THE CARDHOLDER MAY USE THEIR ONE CARD FOR THEIR VEHICLE TO GAIN ENTRANCE THROUGH ANY SECURITY GATE LOCATED ON CAMPUS.
- DPS reserves the right to change permit fees or parking application requirements without notice.
- All vendors must park in the Temporary Loading and Unloading Zone spots. Vehicles may be towed or cited at the owner’s expense.
- Vehicles may not be stored in campus lots or parked in a lot for more than 72 hours at a time* without the authorization of a campus storage form. Customers found in violation may not be eligible for parking permits in the future.
*Koret patrons may not store their vehicles in the USF lots. Koret parking permits are only valid while using the Koret gym facility, up to a maximum of 4 hours.
For emergencies, call (415) 422-2911 or extension 2911 from any on-campus phone. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.