- The cost for transcripts is $5.00 per copy.
- Domestic express mail is $20.00 for each U.S. address to which the transcript is mailed.
- International express mail is $30.00 for each international address to which a transcript is mailed.
- The PDF delivery option is $15 for each email recipient. The PDF delivery option is not available to students who began their USF career prior to Fall 1982.
- Transcripts are not held for grades. Students are advised to check their grades before requesting their transcripts.
Please note: Transcripts will not be released if a student has any outstanding financial obligations with the University. Transcripts are generally processed within 3 business days. Transcripts from archived and/or non-electronic records may take up to 2 weeks to process. Students are advised that transcript orders may be delayed during registration periods (January, April, August, and November) and in the months following each commencement period (January and June). Online transcript requests that are submitted while the University is closed for the holidays will be processed in the order the requests were received when the office reopens.
School of Law students/alumni click here to request a transcript.
- Log on to myUSF
- Click on the Student button in the Self-Service box.
- Click on the "Student Records" link.
- Click on "Request an Official Transcript and Enrollment Certificate."
- Under "Request an Official Transcript or Enrollment Certificate," click on "Click Here."
Former USF Students: Request official transcripts through the
- All transcripts are official and are enclosed in separate, sealed envelopes. Transcripts are not faxed.
- Processing time may be longer: a) for students who attended prior to 1982, b) during Registration periods as well as at the end of a term, and c) due to printing and technical difficulties.
- Requests are processed on a first come, first serve basis. Normally, 1-3 business days must be allowed for processing but can take up to two weeks.
- Transcripts will not be issued until all outstanding financial obligations with the University are paid.
- The University reserves the right to control the conditions by which its
transcripts are distributed; as a legal document, the University is
responsible for the accuracy and validity of the transcripts.
- Only University of San Francisco transcripts will be issued. Transcripts from other schools must be ordered from original sources to ensure validity and accuracy. This includes, but is not limited to test scores such as; ACT, SAT, GRE.
- The University is not responsible for the accuracy of addresses provided. Any transcript request with incomplete address(es) or insufficient information for processing, or unaccompanied by the transcript fee, will be returned to the sender.
- Transcripts requested for pick up and left unclaimed for more than 30 days will be destroyed.
- On July 1, 1978, the University of San Francisco was given jurisdiction and storage of academic records for San Francisco College for Women, Lone Mountain College, and Tahoe Paradise College. Former students requesting these transcripts should indicate their previous enrollment.
If you have questions about requesting your official USF transcript, please contact the transcripts department at:
Office of the Registrar
2130 Fulton Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
Phone: (415) 422-6116
Fax: (415) 422-6329