USF students smiling
White flowers on LM
USF students in a classroom
A student by the library
USF Students with Laptop

Change of Academic Program Instructions

To submit a request for a Change of Academic Program (CoAP), please follow the steps indicated here and provide all required information.  Be sure to review the General Information and Exceptions section of this page to make sure you understand any potential impact such a change may have on your course of study and graduation date.

General Information and Exceptions

If a CoAP entails a change of school or college, a 2.0 GPA is required in courses completed at USF.  CoAP requests are processed in the term the request was submitted and approved.

  • If you are making a change that moves you to the College of Arts & Sciences, please note that all Arts & Sciences undergraduate students are required to meet a foreign language requirement.
  • It is not possible to add a School of Nursing and Health Professions major (SONHP).  If you have questions about moving to SONHP, please contact that school directly for assistance.
  • If you are making a change that moves you to the School of Management, you must have a SAT Math, ACT Math, or MPT (Math Placement Test from USF) on file. For information regarding the test, contact the Learning and Writing Center, CO 215 or go online to placement test.

Online e-form is for undergraduate students only, you may access the online request form by clicking Change of Academic Program e-Form.

To access the form, you will need to log in with your myUSF username and password.

Graduate students should not use the online form.  You must use the paper form which you can access below:
Change of Academic Program Form (PDF).

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to be advised before I can submit a Change of Academic Program request?

You are encouraged strongly to seek advising prior to submitting any Change of Academic Program Request. As any change you make impacts your degree evaluation, it is important that you are appropriately advised regarding those changes and how they may affect your graduation date.

How do I find the name of my adviser?

1. Go to and sign into USF Connect.
2. Click on the "Student" tab at the top of the screen.
3. Under Student Self Service, click on the box that says "Click Here".
4. Click on the "Student" tab at the top of the screen.
5. Click on the Registration link.
6. Click on the Registration Status & Adviser Information link.
7. Select the term Fall 2014 and click submit.
8. Your faculty adviser should be listed halfway down the page.

How long does it take for my program change to be reflected in my degree evaluation?

This will depend on the request. It may take anywhere from a few days to a week or more. If you see a request is stuck at any particular approval level, you can always follow-up with that approver for assistance.

How can I find out the status of my request?

When you submit your Change of Academic Program request online you automatically receive an email confirming the submission of your request. Within that email is a link that provides you access to your request. Once you access your request via that link, you can click on the Review & Approvals button. The Review Details page shows you where the request is currently. If the request was to drop a program, the only reviewer is the Registrar's Office. If the request was to Add or to Drop/Add, then the request needs to be reviewed by the department for the program being added, then by CASA, and then by the Registrar's Office.

How can I cancel my request?

If your request was to Add or to Drop/Add, you can cancel your request within the form itself up until the time the request is approved by CASA. Access your request via the link provided in the email notification you received after you submitted your request and then click on the Cancel Request button. If CASA has already approved the request and it has been routed to the Registrar's Office, then you must submit a new request to undo the previous request. If your request was to Drop only, then you cannot cancel the request. You must submit a new request to undo the previous request.