Overview of the Partnership
The Partnership, formerly known as the Initiative, is heading into its fourth active year. The Partnership aims to meet various objectives for staff, faculty, and student progress while increasing collaboration between the two institutions. By effectively utilizing UCSF medical center staff and USF faculty, we can ensure that students participate in meaningful clinical rotations with an emphasis on continual professional and clinical growth.
USF students who wish to participate, apply to the Partnership during their freshman two semester. Those chosen complete all clinical rotations at UCSF medical center for the remaining three years of their education. During this time, students immerse themselves in the professional culture which may include participating in committee work, attending continuing education courses, and completing all new hire paperwork and competencies. At the end of their commitment, Partnership students may serve as ideal candidates for hire at UCSF Medical Center in various specialties and settings.
Click here to download the Partnership Charter
Click here to download the Partnership Fact Sheet
How to Apply
DEADLINE to Apply: Monday, March 23, 2015 at 9:00 a.m.
Step 1: Get Familiar with the Partnership
- Watch the Partnership Overview video (above)
- Make sure you are eligible to apply:
- Must be currently be a Freshman 2 through Junior 2 (Spring 2015).
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
Step 2: Submit Information
- Video interview should follow these parameters:
- Between 3 - 5 minutes in length
- Answer the following questions: 1. Tell us about who are you are and your interests, and 2. Why is this Partnership a good fit for you?
- Submit your YouTube Video Interview and information online via the YouTube Interview Submission Form.
- Please note that you must first upload your video interview into YouTube before sending us the YouTube link. Please make sure that your video isn't set to 'private'.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted or reviewed for admission.
Partnership offers will be sent by mid-April 2015.