All application materials should be uploaded through the online application form. Neither the Office of Admissions nor the School of Nursing and Health Professions accept mailed materials.
You can check your application status online or by contacting the School of Nursing & Health Professions graduate admissions office via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following requirements are considered in the review of applications:
- A completed online application and fee
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Master's degree (in any field) from an accredited institution
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official or unofficial transcripts should be uploaded through the online application form. Transcripts must reflect the name of the institution attended, degree earned, grades earned, and GPA. Applicants should ensure that all transcripts are readable once uploaded. Submission of official transcripts is ONLY required for all admitted students who decide to enroll. For non-U.S. transcripts, applicants please submit translated transcripts.
- Recommended grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Three letters of recommendation: Applicants are required to submit letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to their competence and ability to be successful at a graduate level of study. Letters should discuss the applicant's ability to succeed academically and should speak to his or her potential for professional growth in the field of nursing. In the online form, enter the names and e-mail addresses for recommenders. They will receive an e-mail from USF with instructions to upload their letter. Please note that letters of recommendation must be on letterhead and signed by the recommender.
- A professional résumé
- Statement of professional goals
- Documentation of RN license
- For international students only:
- Certification of Finances form or Letter of Support
- Bank statement(s) that indicate funds for the total costs
- A copy of passport copy
- English Language Exam: Official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores
- International Transcripts: Your transcripts need to be in the original language of your university, AND in English translation.
- Refer to the International Graduate Student Admission page for test score requirements and additional information.