John Zarobell is Associate Professor and Undergraduate Director of International Studies (BA) at the University of San Francisco. Formerly, he held the positions of assistant curator at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and associate curator at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. He is a regular contributor to the San Francisco Art Quarterly (SFAQ) and the online journal Art Practical, has written for numerous exhibition catalogues and has published in Art History, Nineteenth-Century Art Worldwide, and the Berkeley Review of Latin-American Studies. His books, Empire of Landscape (2010) and Art and the Global Economy (2017) were published by University of California Press.
- Program Director, BA in International Studies
- PhD, History of Art, University of California, Berkeley
- MA, History of Art, University of California, Berkeley
- BA, Fine Art, Hampshire College
- Assistant Curator, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Associate Curator, Philadelphia Museum of Art
Empire of Landscape (2010)