Cometria Cooper is assistant professor and assistant director of the Academic and Bar Exam Success Program. She specializes in first-year, upper-division, and bar support programming. Previously, she was the associate director of career planning at University of San Francisco School of Law where she gained expertise in working with students with disabilities and working with a variety of students. She also worked as a solo practitioner focusing on employment law, landlord tenant law, and housing issues.
Professor Cooper has served as a president for the Charles Houston Bar Association, and as a committee member on the California State Bar, Committee of Bar Examiners. Prior to entering academia, Professor Cooper worked in finance and accounting at American Cancer Society, California Division.
Professor Cooper’s interests include working and mentoring young attorneys, improving the quality of youth education, and spending time with her family.
She received her BA from UC Berkeley and her JD from University of San Francisco School of Law.
- BA, UC Berkeley
- JD, University of San Francisco
- Awards & Distinctions
President’s Award, Charles Houston Bar Association (December 2016).
Advocacy and Leadership Award, National Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (July 2015).
Woman of Inspiration Award, Ms. JD (March 2015).
Trailblazer Under 40, National Bar Association, National Bar Association (July 2014).
- President, Charles Houston Bar Association (2013)
- Board of Governors, University of San Francisco School of Law (2014-2017) (2018)
- Member, Diversity Committee, Bay Area Legal Recruitment Association (2014- Present) (2018)
- Attorney Member, Committee of Bar Examiners, California State Bar (2012-2013) (2018)
- Legal Counsel, National Association for Advancement of Colored People, Oakland (2012-2014). (2018)