University of San Francisco’s South Bay Programs Announce New Location at De Anza College
SAN FRANCISCO (August 23, 2019) -- The University of San Francisco (USF) has announced the move of its South Bay programs to De Anza College, located in the heart of Cupertino at 21250 Stevens Creek Boulevard. This move is effective with the start of the fall 2019 academic semester on August 20, 2019.
The changes to the USF South Bay programs are as follows:
- School of Education: The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology with a concentration in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT).
- School of Management: The Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) program is relocating to USF's Downtown Campus in San Francisco, where students will be steps away from some of the world's most innovative companies and institutions. The current cohort of MSIS students will finish their program at De Anza College, and new students in the program will start at USF’s Downtown Campus located at 101 Howard Street in San Francisco.
- School of Nursing and Health Professions: Students in the Master of Science in Nursing for Registered Nurses (RN-MSN) program have the option of completing the program online or in the East Bay at USF’s Pleasanton Campus, located near the West Dublin BART and Pleasanton ACE train stations at 6120 Stoneridge Mall Road, Suite 150 in Pleasanton.
The new USF South Bay location at De Anza College will provide course schedules, technology support, parking, access to wireless service, study space and a campus atmosphere. With this partnership, USF will continue to be more integrated in the South Bay community and better able to serve students in the area.
"I am extremely excited about this move and the opportunity to greater advance our visions for social justice and equity,” stated Ruchi Agarwal-Rangnath, School of Education faculty program coordinator for the South Bay campus. “In partnering with De Anza College, we have the extraordinary opportunity to build a strong pipeline of local teachers committed to being change agents within their schools and communities."
USF South Bay looks forward to this partnership and to welcoming students to this new location. For more information and questions about these programs, please contact:
- firstname.lastname@example.org for the MAT and MFT programs
- email@example.com for the MSIS program
- firstname.lastname@example.org for the RN-MSN program
About the University of San Francisco
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes, and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” The Campaign for the University of San Francisco is raising $300 million through 2022 to support student scholarships and financial aid, the creation of bold and innovative programs, and the renovation of current facilities and construction of new space, all part of expanding the university’s global influence. For more information, visit the USF Campaign Page.