Currently, there are no upcoming courses scheduled, but if you let us know which courses you are interested in through this form, we will reach out once we start offering those courses again.
USF Emergency Response Service offers Heartsaver® CPR AED, Heartsaver® First Aid, and Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers courses that are open to the public.
AHA BLS FOR HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS
Designed to provide the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner in adult and pediatric patients.
EMTs and Nursing Students require BLS courses
AHA HEARTCODE BLS RENEWALS ONLY*
Uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills. After completing the online portion, students attend a structured BLS Hands-On Session (Skills Check Off) with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
*Must have a current AHA BLS certificate
AHA HEARTSAVER FIRST AID CPR/AED
Teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage an emergency until EMS arrives. Skills covered in this course include first aid; choking relief in adults, children, and infants; and what to do for sudden cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants. This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in First Aid, CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
*Does not fulfill EMT or Nursing CPR requirements
STOP THE BLEED
This course will provide citizen bystanders the skills and basic tools to stop uncontrolled bleeding in an emergency situation by providing training in Bleeding Control principles so that individuals are able to provide immediate front line aide until first responders are able to take over and care for an injured person.
This is a FREE course, please input "Free" when asked for your payment confirmation number.
SAFESITTER 2-DAY BABY SITTING COURSE
In order to register, please fill in the form below at least 24 hours before the course is scheduled to start.
The SafeSitter® Babysitting program is a 2-day course designed to prepare students, between the ages of 12–17, to be safe both on the job, at home, or with siblings.
Students learn life-saving skills in the following areas: safety, childcare, first aid & rescue, life & business skills. SafeSitter® courses are instructor-led, interactive, and include hands-on demonstrations with skills practice opportunities using infant and child mannequins.
SAFESITTER® COURSE CONTENT:
- Safety Skills: Students learn how to prevent unsafe situations and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies.
- Child Care Skills: Students learn tips to manage behavior that will help maintain the emotional wellbeing of themselves and the children in their care. Course attendees learn about the stages of child development, practice diapering, and behavioral management.
- First Aid & Rescue Skills: Students learn a systematic approach to assessing and responding to injuries and illnesses, injury prevention, and critical skills needed to respond to and manage an emergency situation until Emergency Medial professionals arrive. Skills covered include first aid; choking relief in adults, children, and infants; and what to do in a sudden cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants.
- Life & Business Skills: The ability to screen jobs, discuss fees, and interact appropriately with employers will set students up for immediate and future success.
- Upon course completion, students will receive a Safesitter completion card and AHA HeartSaver CPR/AED certificate.