USF Emergency Response Service offers Heartsaver® CPR AED, Heartsaver® First Aid, and Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers courses that are open to the public.
AHA BLS for Health Care Providers
Designed to provide the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner in adult and pediatric patients.
EMTs and Nursing Students require BLS courses
AHA HeartCode BLS Renewals ONLY*
Uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills. After completing the online portion, students attend a structured BLS Hands-On Session (Skills Check Off) with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
*Must have a current AHA BLS certificate
AHA HeartSaver First Aid CPR/AED
Teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage an emergency until EMS arrives. Skills covered in this course include first aid; choking relief in adults, children, and infants; and what to do for sudden cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants. This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in First Aid, CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
*Does not fulfill EMT or Nursing CPR requirements
Stop the bleed
This course will provide citizen bystanders the skills and basic tools to stop uncontrolled bleeding in an emergency situation by providing training in Bleeding Control principles so that individuals are able to provide immediate front line aide until first responders are able to take over and care for an injured person.
This is a FREE course, please input "Free" when asked for your payment confirmation number.
SAFESITTER 2-DAY BABY SITTING COURSE
In order to register, please fill in the form below at least 24 hours before the course is scheduled to start.
The SafeSitter® Babysitting program is a 2-day course designed to prepare students, between the ages of 12–17, to be safe both on the job, at home, or with siblings.
Students learn life-saving skills in the following areas: safety, childcare, first aid & rescue, life & business skills. SafeSitter® courses are instructor-led, interactive, and include hands-on demonstrations with skills practice opportunities using infant and child mannequins.
SAFESITTER® COURSE CONTENT:
- Safety Skills: Students learn how to prevent unsafe situations and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies.
- Child Care Skills: Students learn tips to manage behavior that will help maintain the emotional wellbeing of themselves and the children in their care. Course attendees learn about the stages of child development, practice diapering, and behavioral management.
- First Aid & Rescue Skills: Students learn a systematic approach to assessing and responding to injuries and illnesses, injury prevention, and critical skills needed to respond to and manage an emergency situation until Emergency Medial professionals arrive. Skills covered include first aid; choking relief in adults, children, and infants; and what to do in a sudden cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants.
- Life & Business Skills: The ability to screen jobs, discuss fees, and interact appropriately with employers will set students up for immediate and future success.
- Upon course completion, students will receive a Safesitter completion card and AHA HeartSaver CPR/AED certificate.
Costs include access to all materials, books, resources and certificates.
In order to register, please fill in the form below at least 72 hours before the course is scheduled to start. Each course is $149.00 (credit card only). Refunds will only be provided if cancellation occurs within 48 hours before the course begins and the cancellation request must be received during normal working hours (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) in order to provide adequate time to notify instructors and contact participants on the waitlist. For questions regarding the courses offered or to cancel a previous course registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note there is limited space available in each course and your registration will ONLY be confirmed when payment is received.
Visit the payment portal and pay via credit card for the number of courses selected. Once you have successfully submitted payment, you will receive a confirmation number that will need to be entered below.
The payment portal is a separate website, so you must return to this form and hit the "submit" button below after you have made payment for this application to be processed. You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your payment with additional instructions regarding textbook materials, course location, and timing.
For questions, contact email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Your registration will not be confirmed until payment is received. Spaces are limited for each course so even if you submit this application, you will not be placed on the confirmed course roster until your payment is received. Therefore, in order to guarantee your spot in class, you will need to make payment following the instructions below. Your payment must be received within 72 hours of the scheduled course start time, otherwise your application will automatically be cancelled.