The Robert Holstein Memorial Scholarship $5000.00
Application for Academic Year 2015-2016
Administered by the Leo T. McCarthy Center for Public Service and the Common Good at the University of San Francisco
Application Deadline: Monday, April 17, 2015
The Robert Holstein Memorial Scholarship, established by Robert and Loretta Holstein, provides scholarships to students who are involved in a McCarthy Center undergraduate program.
The McCarthy Center seeks applicants with financial need who are deeply committed to scholarship, public service, and public policy-making programs for the common good. Up to three scholarships in the amount of $5,000 are available for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Applicant is either enrolled in the Public Service and Community Engagement Minor, offered through the Leo T. McCarthy Center, or is involved (or has been involved) with the Center through its many other programs such as the Advocates for Community Engagement (ACE), Global Service-Learning Fellowship/ Sarlo Scholars, USF in DC, and McCarthy Fellows Sacramento programs.
- Applicant is enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at the University of San Francisco.
- Applicant has demonstrated financial need and completed the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid or RENEWAL FAFSA www.usfca.edu/financialaid/
- Applicant is in academic good standing.
- Applicant submits an essay and a resume with his or her application.
The scholarship committee will review each application and choose recipients. Scholarship recipients will be notified either by email or in writing by the Leo T. McCarthy Center no later than May 8, 2015.
|NOTE: As you begin this online application process, please have your materials (work history, co-curricular activities, essay) ready to enter into the online form. You will not be able to save the form and return to it later. All information must be submitted at once.
AUTHORIZATION AND CERTIFICATION SECTION
I understand that it is my responsibility to read, understand, and fill out this application accurately and completely, and to comply with the deadline.
I understand that my scholarship application may be denied or withdrawn if it is incomplete and/or if any information reported on this application is found to be intentionally misleading, inaccurate or fraudulent.
I understand that I must inform the McCarthy Center of any changes in my address, enrollment, or financial circumstances.
I authorize the McCarthy Center to use my name and photo for the purpose of community relations and program evaluation.
My signature confirms that I have read and understand the above stated Authorization and Certification.
1) Education and work history
Please list relevant experience, such as work experience, co-curricular activities, courses, community service work. Please include as many experiences as relevant.
Please use the space below if you would like to add anything that doesn't fit into the above categories.
2) ESSAY: In the box below, please address the following: A) Please describe your definition of Public Service and your experience with Public Service. B) How can public service address some of the most pressing social issues of our day (locally and/ or globally). Essay should be four to five paragraphs.
ATTENTION: Once you hit the “submit” button, a message should appear confirming that your application was submitted successfully. If you do not see this message, please either try to resubmit your application or contact us within the next day to make sure we did receive it.