Starting college can be both an exciting and intimidating time. The University of San Francisco McLaren College of Management’s Launch Program is designed to help you acclimate to life in the McLaren College of Management.
Each of our collaborating faculty members participate in the Launch Program by picking a topic they are passionate about, and presenting it in the form of a class seminar. The Launch Program allows you to get to know both the professors and fellow students within your major through small classes and team projects.
Launch Program Concepts:
- A set of Monday/Wednesday courses
- A Friday Lab
- A weekly group meeting facilitated by a upperclassman or graduate Mentor
- A team project that is worth 40% of your grade
Launch Program Facts:
- Teams create a start-up project
- Class size limited to 30 students
- By the end of the first academic year, all freshman will have completed a Freshman Launch seminar
Launch Program Goals:
- Gives you the chance to develop relationships with faculty members
- Teaches collaborative teamwork skills
- Offers diverse perspectives on business practices in other cultures
- Kicks off your preparation for a career in business