Assistant Professor John Gonzales is internationally recognized for his service work as an economist focusing on transition economies, emerging market economics, and monetary policy. With the aim of helping his students develop a more comprehensive understanding of the intricate and interdependent network of variables that affect our global economy, Gonzales teaches courses in capital market theory, corporate finance, investment and analysis, micro and macroeconomics, monetary economics, equity...
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Wisconsin, 1983
- M.A., Economics, University of Wisconsin, 1980
- B.A., Economics, California State University, Fullerton, 1978
Ludwig B. Chincarini, CFA, PhD, is Professor of Finance in the School of Management at the University of San Francisco as well as an advisor to United States Commodity Fund Investments with over fifteen years of experience in the financial industry specializing in portfolio management, quantitative equity management, and derivatives. He also works with an angel group to help start-up companies. Prior to that he was a member of the academic council of Index IQ which was bought by NY Life in 2015...
- PhD in Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1995
- BA in Economics (Summa Cum Laude), University of California at Berkeley, 1991
As the Senior Director of the Data Institute, Jeff Hamrick is responsible for the Institute's vision and strategic planning process, as well as its various centers and initiatives. Professor Hamrick has been instrumental in developing the University of San Francisco’s Master of Science in Data Science (MSDS) program. He has previously taught in the Master of Science in Financial Analysis (MSFA) program at the School of Management, where he holds a joint appointment.
For the MSDS program, he...
- PhD, Mathematics, Boston University, Massachusetts, 2009
- Certificate in Computational Science, Boston University, Massachusetts, 2009
- MA, Mathematics, Boston University, Massachusetts, 2004
- Higher education administration
- Data science
- Financial markets
- Investment management
Frank Ohara is recognized for his dedication to teaching excellence by the School of Management as the eight-time recipient of the Outstanding Teaching Award. Establishing the USF National Honor Society Chapter of the International Financial Management Association, Ohara continues to serve as faculty advisor for the organization today. With over fifteen years' financial management and administrative experience in the computer manufacturing and financial services industries, he brings extensive...
- Post Doctorate, Finance & Accounting, Hough Graduate School of Business, University of Florida
- J.D., Santa Clara University, CA
- B.S., Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Satish Ananthaswamy is the Senior Portfolio Manager, and a member of the Portfolio Management Team, responsible for managing the fixed income portfolios for the Board of Regents, University of California.
Prior to joining the Treasurer's Office in 1998, he was VP/Director of Reuters Risk Management; Quantitative Analyst for Lincoln Investment Management and Fixed Income analyst for Analytic Investment Management.
He earned his MBA in Finance from the University of Southern California, MS...
- University of Southern California, MBA
Ivan Oscar Asensio has been part of the finance faculty at USF since 2015. He brings a wealth of professional experience to his classroom instruction, having spent over 20 years advising multinational corporations and institutional investors on solving problems related to currency and financial market risks.
Professor Asensio's research focuses on two important strands in finance literature: solving the currency hedging puzzle and understanding the drivers that propagate the risk premium in...
- PhD, Economics, University of California, Santa Cruz, 2013
- MA, International Economics, University of California, Santa Cruz, 2011
- MS, Statistics, University of California, Los Angeles, 2005
Mariia Eroshin, CFA, CFP®, CPA, MBA, has had a long career in private wealth management, family offices, investments, strategy, venture capital, private equity, finance, and impact investing. Throughout her career, Mariia Eroshin has held various leadership roles, such as CEO, CFO, Head of Family Office, Director of Investment Research, and Senior Portfolio Manager at family offices, as well as Senior Vice President at UBS Financial Services, Inc., Senior Vice President at U.S. Trust/Bank of...
- Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Entrepreneurial Management, Palmer Scholar, Valedictorian, first female Palmer Scholar
- University of...
- Alternative Investments
- Portfolio Management
- Family Offices
- Private Wealth Management
- Asset Allocation
- Wealth Planning
- Wealth Strategy
William Ktsanes is a Vice President and Portfolio Manager at Citi Community Capital, the community development division of Citibank. Prior to joining Citi, he was the Director of Research and Analysis at RealFacts, a company that collects and analyzes real estate data.
Before embarking on a career in finance, William lived in northern Thailand for seven years, first as a US Peace Corps volunteer doing rural economic development work and later as the head of a Thai elementary school. He’s a...
- MBA, University of California, Berkeley
- MSFA, University of San Francisco
- MPA in International Development Policy, Rutgers University
- BA Economics, University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of San Francisco, MA in Economics, 2016
- University of San Francisco, MS in Financial Analysis, 2013
- University of San Francisco, BS in Applied Economics, 2011
- University of Kiev, Ph.D...
Professor Voetmann is a principal at The Brattle Group and an adjunct professor at USF’s School of Management. He has testified on issues related to financial econometrics, asset pricing models, event-study analysis, market microstructure, securities and bond prices, and capital markets. He has also consulted on issues related to mergers and acquisitions, appraisal actions, and disputes involving valuation of private and public companies, illiquidity securities, employee stock options, and...
- Copenhagen Business School, Ph.D., Finance, 2000
- Aarhus School of Business, MS, Finance, 1993
- Aarhus School of Business, BBA, 1991
- Corporate Finance
- Capital Markets
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Loren is a co-founder of Blue Oak Capital, LLC. Mr. Walden has over 23 years extensive experience with private client portfolio management and investment analysis. Prior to Blue Oak, Loren was a principal at BTR Capital Management, Inc., a San Francisco investment advisory firm with over $350 million in private client assets, where he served as a portfolio manager and analyst. Before joining BTR, Loren served as a research associate and portfolio administrator at a Sand Hill Road investment...
- Menlo College, BA